[OpenLayers-Dev] vector behavior

Tim Schaub tschaub at openplans.org
Mon Apr 14 19:46:47 EDT 2008

Hey-

Some may have already seen the proposal for new vector layer behavior.
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Proposal/VectorBehavior

This week, I'll be working on implementing a bit of this new design.
I'm focussed on an AtomPub protocol, an Atom format, and a somewhat
smartish BBOX strategy.

I've started putting stuff up in an "almanac" sandbox.  The one example
that shows it wired together is not that impressive - but it represents
a new design for giving vector layers behavior.

http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/topp/almanac/examples/vector2.html

I appreciate any ideas on the work.  I've got a deadline to get this
working by next Monday - so it will be hasty work for a while.

http://trac.openlayers.org/log/sandbox/topp/almanac/

I've also refactored the WFS stuff into a WFS protocol.  This is
completely untested and expected not to work currently.  If anybody is
interested in picking that up, sbenthall will be working on it this week
as well.

Tim