[OpenLayers-Dev] vector behavior

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Tue Apr 15 18:14:58 EDT 2008

Tim Schaub wrote:
> Hey-
>
> Some may have already seen the proposal for new vector layer behavior.
> http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Proposal/VectorBehavior
>
> This week, I'll be working on implementing a bit of this new design.
> I'm focussed on an AtomPub protocol, an Atom format, and a somewhat
> smartish BBOX strategy.
>
> I've started putting stuff up in an "almanac" sandbox.  The one example
> that shows it wired together is not that impressive - but it represents
> a new design for giving vector layers behavior.
>
> http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/topp/almanac/examples/vector2.html
>
> I appreciate any ideas on the work.  I've got a deadline to get this
> working by next Monday - so it will be hasty work for a while.
>
> http://trac.openlayers.org/log/sandbox/topp/almanac/
>
> I've also refactored the WFS stuff into a WFS protocol.  This is
> completely untested and expected not to work currently.  If anybody is
> interested in picking that up, sbenthall will be working on it this week
> as well.
>
> Tim

Hi Tim,

I've already submitted Atom and GMLSF formats to the tracker

http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1366

As Christopher wrote, they need to properly subclass other formats, but
otherwise I think they are the right way to do Atom + geo. Those formats
are currently employed at http://zcologia.com/kw/demo/map.

Count on me for help with AtomPub.

Sean