[OpenLayers-Dev] Addins Policies

Erik Uzureau euzuro at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 19:07:26 EDT 2008

Dear dev,

section to the
wiki/Addins page called 'Policies' which are a general summary of the various
discussions we have had on and offline with different members of the
project steering
committee.

It is not by any means, however, written in stone. If you have
opinions on what I've
written up there or additions or modifications, please do not hesitate
to bring them
up... or even just directly add them to the wiki.

The real idea behind the /addins directory is to provide an open space
for developers
who have created cool tools that are finished code and might be
helpful for other
developpers... but that don't quite make sense in the main trunk of the project.

In that spirit, we would like to institute the least possible in terms
of rules and regulations.
We just want the bare minimum to ensure a basic standard for /addins
so that people
will take them seriously and actually take the time to use them.

As always, feedback welcomed.

ERik