[OpenLayers-Dev] [OpenLayers-Trac] [OpenLayers] #1273: Support reprojection of vector layers

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Jan 21 10:01:08 EST 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 09:22:36AM -0500, Paul Spencer wrote:

> On 21-Jan-08, at 8:41 AM, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
>
> >For context, see http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1273

> I do see the benefit of the change as Chris explained it.  I haven't
> looked at why the example broke, but I think it would be worth
> investigating to see why.  Also, if this change breaks something, then
> should there have been a test that caught it?  I think so.

Well, we did have a test that caught it: my modifications neccesary to
the tests indicated quite clearly that there was an API level change
neccesary to make the code work. The fact that it broke other things is
a symptom of that. This is one of the reaosn that I added it to the
release notes as soon as I added it: I was aware that it was an API
change.

The only code that breaks in this case is the example code, and we dno't
test the examples automatically (only manually), so I don't think that
this was an unexpected failure mode.