[OpenLayers-Dev] displaying data at multiple levels through open layers wms

Juan G juangon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 07:57:01 EDT 2008

I think this is possible using SLD (styles) for displaying or not some
graphics in WMS.

We´ve done examples of doing this for the "Presas" layer in this URL:
http://www.mirame.chduero.es/DMADuero_09_Viewer. To open the layerSwitcher
click on the big white arrow at the upper-right corner in the screen.

Here is the part of the sld (
http://www.mirame.chduero.es/DMADuero_09_Viewer/wise.xml) that shows or not
a graphic depending the scale (zoom).

<sld:NamedLayer>

2008/6/23 Darko Radiceski <radiceski at gmail.com>:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a raster that contains millions of point published through Arc IMS
> in a WMS service. I am trying to design a way to limit the number of points
> that get displayed based on the map zoom level. I have numbered the levels
> on the database side.
>
> Is it possible to somehow in the WMS call for Open Layers to include the
> zoom level that would be used at the Arc IMS side to select the wanted
> features?
>
> Cheers
> Dan
> --
> Radiceski Dan
> University of Wollongong
> Australia
> SIFE - UOW Chapter - Alumni
> CASUAL ACADEMIC STAFF TEACHING - UOW SITACS
> (School of Information Technology and Computer Science,University of
> Wollongong)
> Univeristy of Wollongong - Alumni

Un saludo,

Juan Gonzalez del Pino