[OpenLayers-Dev] problems with drawing on layers

Darko Radiceski radiceski at gmail.com
Sun May 18 16:28:50 EDT 2008

Dear all,

I used the spherical-mercator.html example as a starting point to display
few maps from VE and Google. Then following the example for drawing features
called draw-feature.html i created few layers with the intention to draw
some polygons on the map from an external application. I convert the Polygon
feature in the right projection that the map uses but the feature is not
visible on the map.

Is there anything imidiately wrong that i am doing here?

Also what i noticed was when i turn on the drawing for a point the point
just flashes on the map temporarily and dissapears.....However that point is
supposed to stay on the map after clicked.

Is there any explanation for this?

What i did just as a test is this: I created a map sample project that uses
the EPSG:4326 projection  and only using the WMS layer from OL(not
displaying VE or Google) when i used the same code as previously to add
polygons to the layer they get added correctly. There must be someting i am
doing here. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Much apreciated.

Sincerely
Darko Radiceski

--