[OpenLayers-Dev] Additional Documentation

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Nov 13 08:16:24 EST 2008

On 13-Nov-08, at 7:33 AM, Jacolin Yves wrote:

> Le Thursday 13 November 2008 13:02:56 Christopher Schmidt, vous avez
> écrit :
>> I believe that translations of documents could also be managed this
>> way:
>> simply have a spherical_mercator.fr.rst document alongside the
>> English
>> one, for example.
>
> Hi Christopher,
>
> Great to hear this :) I would prefer using something like the OSGeo
> journal
> [1]  and add a locate flag to your build command to build only
> documentation
> for one langage.

Who wouldn't want to create documentation in latex rather than
something boring like rst?  Oh, that would be everyone ;)

Chris ... can you explain why you would want to do it this way rather
than through the wiki?  I am for this approach but it seems that there
is already some level of prose documentation in the wiki and having
stuff in two places seems a bit confusing.

Paul

    Paul Spencer
    Chief Technology Officer
    DM Solutions Group Inc