[OpenLayers-Dev] Problems parsing gml:boundedBy with Format.GML.v2

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Tue Feb 3 14:55:02 EST 2009

Hey-

Gorka López Rivacoba wrote:
> *Hello,** *
>
> *I'm using OpenLayers 2.6, but my problem is the same with OpenLayers
> 2.7. I load a GML layer in OpenLayers and then I try to serialize it:*
>
> var formatter = new OpenLayers.Format.GML.v2({
>                     featureType: "demo"});
> var gml = formatter.write(layerEditable.features);
> alert(gml);
>
> *but in the returned string doesn't appear the gml:boundedBy label. I
> find ticket#1613 (http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1613), but it seems
> that is only for reading the gml document.** *

I just made a change to support reading gml:boundedBy (as
geometry.bounds).  I'll update #1613 after making sure the change
addresses that issue.

http://trac.openlayers.org/changeset/8808

> *Is there any solution to write gml:boundedBy label in the final gml?** *

Nothing currently (though it wouldn't be hard to add your own
gml:boundedBy writer).

Out of curiosity, why do you want to write gml:boundedBy?

Tim

> *Regards,*
> **
> *Gorka López*