[OpenLayers-Dev] text labels in IE8

Mike Adair madair at dmsolutions.ca
Tue May 5 16:08:29 EDT 2009

I should have picked up on this sooner but the VML patch for
http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1910 needs to include  'textbox' for
the list of element types and then IE places the labels correctly. I
will update that patch with that change.  I still don't see what
difference the server was making but with that patch applied it works
now with Oracle App server.

Don't know if the issue in #1910 is resolved but testing with the
vector-features-with-text example, the only browser mode/document mode
combination that didn't work was if document mode was in IE7 standards.
I'm not seeing the 'squished' behaviour that Amos mentions but perhaps
I'm not looking for the correct thing.

Isn't it wonderful that IE gives us more browser and document mode
combinations to fail with? ;-)

Mike

--
   Michael Adair