[OpenLayers-Dev] License violation

Roald de Wit list at rdewit.net
Wed Nov 3 17:22:21 EDT 2010

Hi,

They *do* reference OpenLayers but it's quite hidden. The search below
shows a license relating to OpenLayers, but that license text does not
seem to be complete (missing copyright holder for example). It seems
that they think they can't use the name OpenLayers.... In the search
results you'll also find a link to a page that references that licence
document (look closely at the right bottom corner, just above the footer).

http://www.google.com.au/search?ie=UTF-8&q=site:.tianditu.cn+openlayers

Maybe someone representing the copyright holder can contact them about
this? They have an email address that can be used: support at tianditu.com
and also a feedback page: http://www.tianditu.cn/feedback/index.jsp.

Google Chrome with its automatic translation is great for sites like
these. Unfortunately the translation doesn't work automatically on the
feedback page (but you can switch between Traditional and Simplified Han).

Regards,

Roald