[OpenLayers-Dev] Re: "allow pan while drawing" patch

Pierre Giraud pierre.giraud at camptocamp.com
Wed Jan 19 03:51:40 EST 2011

Actually, I think that there's at least one big difference between the
current behavior and the new one.

When drawing a line for example :
 - in the current trunk version, when user adds a point each time the
mouse button is pushed down, even if he's fast,
 - in Eric's implementation, the user has to be very precise (ie.
mousedown and mouseup have to be at the exact same location). It means
that he'll miss a lot of vertices if he want to draw quickly.

You can have a try by unchecking the "allow pan while drawing". It's
very frustrating when you think you added a vertex but actually you
didn't. It's even more frustrating when you can't tell if it happened
or not.

Maybe, a distance or time tolerance would be required.

I really like the new behavior though. I think this is a "must have
been available earlier". It's really awesome, and so helpful for
digitizing.

Pierre