[OpenLayers-Dev] Re: mobile-jq example does not work with current jQuery Mobile (was: Current and Future jQuery mobile will not work with OpenLayers.)

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Tue Jul 12 11:43:24 EDT 2011

Hi,

the mobile-jq example on trunk is now updated to also work with newer
versions of JQuery Mobile. Note that the example still uses the same
version it used to, beause the fixContentHeight workaround does not
work properly in later versions.

Anyway, starting from the current mobile-jq example, people can update
their applications. And maybe somebody can investigate how to properly
size the content now.

Andreas.

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Matt Priour
<mpriour at kestrelcomputer.com> wrote:
> I ran into this same problem a few days ago when I upgraded an existing app
> to jQM beta 2.
> I solved it by specifically giving the map div an absolute size initially
> (width:320px; height 320px;) and then setting it to width:100%; height:100%
> in the first run of the 'fixContentHeight' function (the same one in the
> openlayers jqm example), before calling map.updateSize() .
>
> Also the changed signature of the $.mobile.changePage function is an
> important and possibly breaking change.

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/