[OpenLayers-Dev] using wrapDataLine in Markers layer

ron thorsonr at saic.com
Tue Jul 17 09:19:33 PDT 2012

I am relatively new to using OpenLayers with GeoServer map server.  The
customer for which the application is developed for requires the opening map
to be located in the central Pacific region.  I am using shape files with
wrapDateLine set to true for the basemap, which works as expected
(displaying from Chine to weatern US).

The problem I am encountering is in my Markers layers ( I have 5 layers
showing earthquake symbols and bouy symbols).  The only symbols which appear
are on the side of the date line of the map center position,i.e. if map
center is 35.9-174.0 then no symbols appear on the western hemisphere.  The
following code creates the map layer:

var buoys = new OpenLayers.Layer.Markers( "Deployed Buoy" ,
{displayOutsideMaxExtent: true,wrapDateLine: true});

I tries without the max extent option with no difference.

Is this a code problem or an OpenLayers issue?

Thanks for any help.

Aloha.