[OpenLayers-Dev] using wrapDataLine in Markers layer

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Wed Jul 18 14:32:10 PDT 2012

> (1) I believe this is a code issue...although it could be dateline is not
> supported in the markers layer
Cant comment because I have never tried it. If I was faced with this, I
would create two points, one each side of dateline, set breakpoint into
layer.moveTo method, and compare how OL calculated visibility and
position of the two points.
> (2) I am using OL 2.11 and GeoServer 2.1.4
Consider moving to 2.12. It does wrap some more fixes but not where
> (3) I selected the markers layer object basiclly because it was the easiest
> to use.  I have only map points and event popups on each marker.
I'd still consider putting map points into a geoserver spatial layer and
serving through WMS, with pop-up info from WMSGetfeature or served via WFS.

--
Phil Scadden, Senior Scientist GNS Science Ltd 764 Cumberland St,
Private Bag 1930, Dunedin, New Zealand Ph +64 3 4799663, fax +64 3 477 5232