[OpenLayers-Dev] Issue - vector feature following map center on map move

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Fri Jun 8 06:15:51 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Alexandre Dube <adube at mapgears.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  While dragging the map and moving a vector feature to the center of the map
> on "move" event triggered, I face a strange issue.  The feature at some
> point seems to hit the border of the renderer box and begins disappearing.
>  When releasing the drag, it reappears as a whole again.  From what I
> understand, it seems like a SVG issue.  I think the renderer box isn't
> recalculated while dragging, only when it ends.
>
>  Is this a known issue ?  I tried it in 2.11 and 2.12-rc6 and they both show
> it.

Unknown to me. You're saying this is a SVG issue, have you actually
tried in IE or in FireFox using renderers: ['Canvas'] in the vector
layer? When inspecting the svg element with the debugger you can see
the polygon (path element) being removed. Although not fully sure I
think this is a longstanding bug in OpenLayers.

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS
Savoie Technolac, BP 352