[OpenLayers-Dev] ANNOUNCEMENT: OpenLayers 2.12 RC4!

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Thu May 17 07:46:14 EDT 2012

On Thursday, May 17, 2012, Roald de Wit wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At least 3 people have experienced the following bug with OL 2.12 and
> Firefox:
>
> https://github.com/openlayers/**openlayers/issues/458<https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/issues/458>
>
> Github does not give non-committers the option of tagging an issue for a
> milestone, so this bug may have gone unnoticed.
>
> I wouldn't be surprised if more reports of white lines come in after the
> release of 2.12. Maybe some of the core devs could have a look and
> determine if it's something that can be fixed within OL or that we'd just
> have to wait for a fix in Firefox (if it turns out to be a Firefox bug)?

Hi Roald

We did notice your bug report. Thank you for the very good test case! I
could easily reproduce the issue using the example you've provided. Andreas
and I talked about the issue. Just like you we think this is a bug in FF
that triggers because of the percentage-based tile positioning. Our feeling
is that it would be hard to fix it in OpenLayers, if at all possible.
That's just a feeling, I agree that it would be worth investigating more. I
also think we should try to reproduce the issue outside OpenLayers, and
report the bug to the FF team. I'll try to investigate more, and will
welcome help with that.

Thanks.

--
Eric Lemoine