[OpenLayers-Dev] Github or Trac?

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at opengeo.org
Wed May 23 08:22:38 EDT 2012

Thanks Peter for sharing your thoughts. I agree that a fresh start would also be beneficial here, which I did notice when I edited the current Trac wiki this morning :-)

So basically a choice to make would be github pages or github wiki (or both) if we decide to "migrate" what we have.

I agree with you that github pages would be a good replacement for all we have now (wiki, prose docs, website), and I would prefer to have one system over 2 (pages and wiki).

It would be interesting to see how many / how often community members have edited the current Trac wiki as opposed to OL devs. My gut feeling is that it has been mostly edited by OL devs anyway.

All your other suggestions make perfect sense to me as well.

Best regards,
Bart

--
Bart van den Eijnden