[OpenLayers-Dev] Github or Trac?

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Thu May 24 16:33:54 EDT 2012

On 24/05/2012 7:07 p.m., Bart van den Eijnden wrote:

> I promise you once you try it out (github pull requests) you don't
> want to do manual patches anymore, you will call that clumsy. I was
> skeptical at first as well.
I am not contesting the value of git for version control/patching etc. I
am contesting that github has a very much inferior bug tracking system.
They serve different purposes. This is being viewed from the perspective
of the developers who are patching code, rather than the users who are
reporting bugs.