[OpenLayers-Users] Markers and Vector-Features displaced after mouse-dragging

Zimmermann, Tobias Tobias.Zimmermann at iml.fraunhofer.de
Wed Aug 22 04:35:43 EDT 2007

Hi again!

I'm trying to do some guesswork on this behaviour:

- Since the markers stay correct with a Google-Maps-Base-Layer I assume
that OpenLayers uses the GoogleMaps-API function to display them...

- This is documented somewhere and I haven't found it yet...

- I have not initialized the Base-Layer in the right way...

- You would like to see some examples.

- OpenLayers does some rounding-errors while calculating the new
positions (which would puzzle me because the vector-example seems to
display them really fixed at their positions).

Btw: The same thing happens when zooming is done on the map.

It would be really nice if someone could tell me about the reliability
of Vector-Features. I'm trying to display routing-results which should
match to the underlying map-routes. If OpenLayers is not able to display
them correctly I would be in less trouble since I have an explanation ;)

Thanks,

Tobias

> Hi there!
>
> I'm trying to display some Vector-Features (LineStrings) with Markers
at their endpoints.
> My base-layer is requested from my own MapServer using an
Untiled-Layer. My OpenLayers-Version is 2.4
> (the downloadable stable Version).
>
> After initializing the map looks fine but after dragging the map lines
and markers are displaced a little bit.
> Changing the Base-Layer to Google-Maps let the markers stay at their
intended position but shifts the vector-features.
> The only base-layer which does not seem to show displaced features and
markers is the one I found on the examples page.