[OpenLayers-Users] Markers and Vector-Features displaced after mouse-dragging

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Aug 22 08:21:18 EDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 10:35:43AM +0200, Zimmermann, Tobias wrote:
> Hi again!
>
> I'm trying to do some guesswork on this behaviour:

Vectors on top of Google are not supported in the 2.4 release. In a
the next release, they will be supported via the GoogleMercator layer.

> - Since the markers stay correct with a Google-Maps-Base-Layer I assume
> that OpenLayers uses the GoogleMaps-API function to display them...

Nope.

> - This is documented somewhere and I haven't found it yet...

Doesn't look like it. We used to have an open ticket, but the
GoogleMercator ticket subsumed it, and I never documented it well
enough. I'm sorry about that.

> It would be really nice if someone could tell me about the reliability
> of Vector-Features. I'm trying to display routing-results which should
> match to the underlying map-routes. If OpenLayers is not able to display
> them correctly I would be in less trouble since I have an explanation ;)

Vector features are well supported outside of the commecial layers :) As
I said, in the next release, this will be fixed, but at the moment,
you're out of luck for vector support on top of commercial layers.

However, the untiled thing is new to me. Sharing an example with the
list would help accelerate debugging on that one.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta