[OpenLayers-Users] different coords format

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Dec 10 09:01:03 EST 2007

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 01:59:01PM +0100, Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> thanks for the clarification, so why is it labeled as an API Method if it is
> meant to be internal?

Good question! :) Especially since I'm the one who marked it that way...

APIMethod is only meant to indicate stability: what it means is just
"This function won't change without a major release revision." This is
true of getLonLatFromViewPortPx -- I mean, the core of that code hasn't
changed for more than 4000 revisions now -- so APIMethod is an
acceptable description.

I think in actuality, there's not much difference -- except with
getLonLatFromPixel, you get a nicer name :)

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta