[OpenLayers-Users] How to understand and use zoom levels?

Zhanna Maher zhanna at planetzhanna.com
Wed Dec 19 13:51:56 EST 2007

Hello all,

Please excuse my simple questions; I am new to Openlayers, and
Javascript and GIS in general.

I am wondering if anyone can offer me a source for information on zoom
levels, scales, and resolution, or possibly some more examples of using
the zoom bar in a functioning Openlayers project.  I think I have
understood some of the basics of Openlayers through exploring the
examples on the site, but I don't understand how to use these concepts.
  The map layers I'm interested in using in my project are the topos and
aerial photos from Terraservice, as well as Yahoo street maps.

Thanks,
Zhanna