[OpenLayers-Users] overview map - moving rect outside of control

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Mon Jan 22 02:47:01 EST 2007

Hi list,

just updated to the latest svn and I see the overview map control can now
truly live outside of the map view without having to call custom javascript
in my application - this is truly great. Thanks Tim!

I have one more item which I find a bit counter-intuitive in the overview
map control. When a user tries to move the rect to the border of the
control, the overview map control throws the rect back to its previous
position. What I would expect is to just drop it at the position where the
user has moved it to, but don't let him move it outside of the control, so
drop it at the border.

Also, is it somehow possible to prevent the overview map image from getting
selected (the dark blue colour in IE)? This sometimes happens when dragging
the rect.

Thanks in advance. And thanks again for a truly great piece of software!

Best regards,
Bart

--
Bart van den Eijnden