[OpenLayers-Users] Problems with Safari Recently with the latest build...

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Jan 22 07:20:45 EST 2007

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:16:54AM -0600, Lance Dyas wrote:

> sorry about the vagueness I am at home now.. .(I'm not set up for
> debugging easily on my mac here)
> but an example is at
> http://www.microimages.com/ogc/maps/nebraskaopen.htm

I agree that you do seem to be having problems with loading script tags,
but... that's exactly the type of problem that the line you commented
out is designed to solve. This code:

            var s = document.createElement("script");
            s.src = host + jsfiles[i];
            var h = document.getElementsByTagName("head").length ?
                       document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0] :
                       document.body;
            h.appendChild(s);

does not properly defer Safari execution, but this code:

       /* if (/MSIE/.test(navigator.userAgent) ||
 * /Safari/.test(navigator.userAgent)) {
            var currentScriptTag = "<script src='" + host + jsfiles[i] +
"'></script>";
            allScriptTags += currentScriptTag;
        } else {*/

does.

So, it looks like you've commented out the bit that works, and left in
the bit that doesn't ... can you explain why?

Or, actually, since I'm now confused on what works for you and what
doesn't: does http://www.microimages.com/ogc/maps/nebraskaopen.htm work
for you in Safari? it doesn't for me.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta