[OpenLayers-Users] Vector and Vector-2.4 Sandbox

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Mar 7 09:38:38 EST 2007

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 06:21:48AM -0800, Thomas Zuberb??hler wrote:

> Dear OpenLayers Developers
>
> In this two branches/sandboxes there is a position offset.
>
> There is an Example on
> http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/vector-2.4/examples/vector-testing.html.
> Of course, Barcelona is not in the Mediterranean Sea near Corsica. :)

Barcelona is not really at
barcelona = new OpenLayers.Geometry.Point(7,42);

I'm just lazy :)

Is there an actual problem, or are you just mentioning that the line is
drawn to a point which is not actually a city?

> I tested the Vector sandbox too with a zoom to a bounding box with help of
> OpenLayers.Bounds. With the official build my function works. Do I assume
> correctly a bug is present in this branches?

I'm not sure what position offset you're describing. Can you create a
small example HTML file that works in the main branch but not in the
vector branch? There are *no* differences on the Map.js level, so there
sould be no differences unless you're using a Vector layer.

> Unfortunetaly I doesn't found some function to add a ticket on OpenLayers
> Website.

First login:
  http://trac.openlayers.org/login
  openlayers:openlayers