[OpenLayers-Users] Regarding setup of wfs layers in opelayers.

Schuyler Erle sderle at metacarta.com
Wed Mar 14 07:01:28 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 11:14 +0530, Kanhaiya kale ( कન્હૈযা ਕਾளெ ) wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am using openlayers. i have setup wms layers using mapserver and
> geoserver. Now, i want to setup wfs layers using geoserver.
> wms layers with geoserver is working properly but wfs layers from
> geoserver is not getting displayed in openlayers. i tried examples of
> openlayers but it is not of help.
> Source code of given my example is http://rafb.net/p/INgwb641.html .
> I googled for this problem. I tried source code of 3-4 wfs examples.
> example's layers are working on localhost but not of mine. It is not
> showing errors. but layer is also not getting displayed. There is also
> no javascript error.

Unfortunately your example's not available any more, apparently, but
have you considered cross-browser security issues? If your geoserver is
on a different host or port from the one you're serving OL from (which
seems likely), then the browser may silently refuse to load anything
from it.

http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#WFS

SDE