[OpenLayers-Users] different behaviour in IE and Firefox

gpio Oxxce gp_io_07 at yahoo.gr
Tue Mar 20 08:12:00 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I am setting up a site with 3 base layers (GoogleMaps, VE and some geotiif)
and some overlays (roads, poi etc)

In the Firefox I can see the overlays above the selected base layer, BUT in the IE when I choose some overlay then the base layer disappears!

I am using Openlayers 2.3 and Geoserver.
my
the js code is like :
-----------------------
<script src="OpenLayers-2.3/lib/OpenLayers.js"></script>
.
.
.
var map = new OpenLayers.Map('map', { controls: [], projection:"EPSG:4326",
                                        numZoomLevel:10,
                                        maxExtent:  new OpenLayers.Bounds(23.35, 34.72, 26.62, 35.95),units:'m'
                                         });

var sat_wms = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "Satelite GeoTiff",
                "http://myserver/geoserver/wms?",
                {layers: "test:crete"});

 var dm_wms = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "Road Network",
                "http://myserver:9090/geoserver/wms?",
                {layers: "test:odiko_irakliou_wgs",
                 transparent: "true", format: "image/png" });

 map.addLayers([sat_wms, dm_wms]);
..
.
.
It seems that the transparent: "true" option is not working in IE

Thx

 Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!