[OpenLayers-Users] Delaying Layer Initialization

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sat May 26 09:55:44 EDT 2007

Christopher,

How about adding something to the build script like:

svn info | grep "Revision:"
Revision: 3188

to grab the trunk Revision and adding that string somehow to the
packaged OpenLayers.js then you would have an unambiguous svn Revision.

OK, this won't if you don't have svn installed but it could be
conditional on having it.

Or if the .svn directory is available then that info is in the
.svn/entries xml file and this might be a better place to fetch it from
programmatically. I'm not sure if Windows and Macs also have this structure.

Anyway, I'm just think out loud here in case it might help. Sorry, I
don't have a patch to offer.

OL 2.4RC5 is looking might fine. Many thanks to you and all the
contributors for many hours of hard work to make this fine product release.

-Steve W