[OpenLayers-Users] ZoomBox is quantized, even w/out the PanZoomBar?

mfrumin michael at frumin.net
Sun Nov 4 16:18:25 EST 2007

hi everyone,

for the first time I'm doing a PostGIS/GeoServer/OpenLayers thing with EPSG
!= 4326, so I feel somewhat unsure of myself in a number of ways. I have
some general questions about this that may come later (like how to get it to
work with a Google baselayer) but for the moment I'm just having problems
getting it to zoom the way I want.

namely, go to: http://transit.frumin.net/alewife/olzoom.html
and use shift-click-drag on the mouse to draw a zoom box on the map.  it
seems to only change the zoom of the image when you hit a threshold of some
sort and would be zooming down to the next zoom level.  I thought that
getting rid of the PanZoomBar and numZoomLevels would fix this, but no such
luck.

point being, I'd love to be able to zoom to include just the area around
Alewife with the blue shaded census tracts and circular buffer, but I can
only get it to zoom into too much, eh?

thoughts?

thanks,
mike