[OpenLayers-Users] Beginner Virtual Earth Problems

Richard Marsden richard at winwaed.com
Wed May 14 14:34:39 EDT 2008

Yes I now have two separate pages.  The example URLs in my earlier
message will be broken now.
That works but there are some bugs.
The base layer switching still doesn't work - having two pages is merely
a work around.

I've also found a problem with Firefox (but not IE). My OpenLayer's div
has a 100% width setting (in CSS). This works fine for the other layers,
but the VE layer does not respect it and appears to use a default fixed
setting.
Overriding a fixed width for the div appears to work, but this doesn't
fit with my site style/template very well!

And another issue is that only v3 & v4 are supported - both are being
retired by Microsoft at the end of August. I've filed a ticket on this one.

For positive news, I've also sent a "how to" article to ViaVirtualEarth.

My maps are at:

http://www.ecomapcostarica.com/map/index.shtml
http://www.ecomapcostarica.com/map/index_ve.shtml

We hope to have some updates (map updates and student blogs) whilst
we're out in the field from the 27th onwards.

Richard Marsden
Winwaed Software Technology LLC
http://www.winwaed.com
http://www.mapping-tools.com