[OpenLayers-Users] Pass parameters to mapfile

S.Reena reena at indiamail.com
Mon Nov 10 03:17:43 EST 2008

Hi,

I tried as :

var quakes = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "custom",
"http://gis.rtbi-iitm.in/cgi-bin/mapserv?",

{map:'/var/www/html/customisation/mapfile/tnroad.map',transparent:true},{isBaseLayer:false});
 map.addLayer(quakes);
 quakes.mergeNewParams({layers:'tnroad',userid:'2'});

But mergeNewParams is not taking any value other than defaults for map (like
in this case userid ). So %userid% is not replaced  in

  DATA "the_geom from ( select * from customised_poly AS f where f.subcat_id
IN (select subcat_id from subcat_info where maincat_id =0) AND
user_id=%userid% )AS foo1 USING UNIQUE gid"

Thanks,
Reena.