[OpenLayers-Users] Using a more readable OpenLayers.js

Marc Jansen jansen at terrestris.de
Tue Aug 4 08:35:49 EDT 2009

Hi Adrian,

have you either

    * edited the lib/OpenLayers.js file?
    * or deleted / renamed ressources in any of the folders below lib?
    * Double check for "lib/OpenLayers/Layer.js"

Is Firebug showing any 404's in the Net(?)-tab?

Usually this works just fine.

Regards,
Marc

Adrian Popa schrieb:
> Hello Marc,
>
> I spoke too soon. If I use that file, I get ~34 errors in Firebug all
> complaining that "OpenLayers.Layer is undefined" in various js files.
> It seems something doesn't load properly.
>
> I'm using OpenLayers 2.8, stored in /var/www/html/map/openlayers/
> directory on my web server. My page loads it like:
> <script type="text/javascript"
> src="openlayers/lib/OpenLayers.js"></script>
>
> Any ideas?
> Adrian
>
> Marc Jansen wrote:
>> Hi Adrian,
>>
>> assuming you are using a local copy of OpenLayers, you could use
>>
>> OpenLayers-Folder/lib/OpenLayers.js
>>
>> instead of
>>
>> OpenLayers-Folder/OpenLayers.js
>>
>> which would load lots of uncompressed/non-minimized js-files.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Marc
>>

>> Adrian Popa schrieb:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm running into a problem where firebug says "element doesn't
>>> exist" somewhere in OpenLayers code. I'm having trouble debugging
>>> this issue, because my Openlayers code is pretty compact. What
>>> should I include in to have OpenLayers with a more readable code? Is
>>> there an intermediary file with formatting preserved which I could
>>> use temporarly?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Adrian

  Diplom-Geograph Marc Jansen
  - Anwendungsentwickler -

  terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
  Irmintrudisstraße 17
  53111 Bonn

  Tel:    ++49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -53
  Fax:    ++49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57

  Email:  jansen at terrestris.de
  Web:    http://terrestris.de

  Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6835
  Komplementärin:  terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH
  vertreten durch: Hinrich Paulsen, Till Adams