[OpenLayers-Users] constant grid for tiled mapserver layer

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Jul 20 08:06:09 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 12:44:05AM -0700, BrainDrain wrote:

> Is it possible to override some OL code to get constant tile extents ('grid'
> for tiled mapserver layer)

The grid is currently based on the maxExtent. You can use the same
maxExtent at all times, and restrict the visible area using
'restrictedExtent' (which would prevent dragging), which would then make
the tile grid independent of the map view. If you're already using the
same maxExtent for all maps, I can't imagin why this isna't already
working as dsired.

> independently of map bounds. I need one grid for all zoom levels to support
> server-side caching by url (currently extent is too variable part).
> initGriddedTiles function in Grid.js uses calculateGridLayout which returns
> tileoffsetlat, tileoffsetlon, tileoffsetx, tileoffsety different for certain
> bounds (zoom level, +zoom can be fractional).
> Any help will be appreciated!
> sorry for dup, it's very important for me

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta