[OpenLayers-Users] overviewmap problem

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Thu Jul 23 18:58:11 EDT 2009

Hey-

Xiaodong Song wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a problem with overviewmap in OpenLayers.
>
> I use GeoServer + GeoWebCache + OpenLayers. In some high resolution
> levels, for example level X,  when I zoom in from level X-1 to X, the
> overviewmap rectangle will disappear (the mini-map in overviewmap window
> is OK), but when I zoom out from level X+1 to X, the overviewmap
> rectangle will appear (but still missing at some resolutions, not all).

It would be useful to be able to see your application to help figure out
what is going on.

It sounds like a stylesheet problem.  Can you examine the overview map
in firebug and confirm that the olControlOverviewMapRectReplacement css
class is getting set on the rectangle.  If your stylesheet is loaded
(and has a declaration for that class), the overview_replacement.gif
will get used (assuming it exists).

Tim

> But if removing GeoWebCache, everything is OK, so it's certain the
> problem is with GeoWebCache. In GeoWebCache, I set zoomStart 0 and
> zoomStop 9. Whether this problem is introduced by improper configuration
> of resolution in GeoWebCache?
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> Xiaodong Song