[OpenLayers-Users] GetFeatureInfo in OpenLayers with no proxy?

Alexandre Leroux alexandre.leroux at ec.gc.ca
Thu Jul 30 10:28:55 EDT 2009

Hi list,

A simple question. In OL, can we do a GetFeatureInfo without setting up
a Proxy?

The http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/GetFeatureInfo page doesn't mention
the need of a proxy.

Before you ask, everything is hosted on the same server (the data, the
WMS server, OpenLayers and MapFish) :-)

Neither
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#ProxyHost and
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/WMSManager mention that the proxy
requirement also applies to the GetFeatureInfo request.

Context: we're setting up MapFish/OpenLayers on one of the highest
traffic website of Canada (weather.gc.ca) and the technical staff are
having difficulties setting up the Proxy. If there was a workaround not
involving a proxy, that would be great.

I just rejoined the OL list after two years of absence for this
question, I'll move out again in the coming days, you can reach me
directly on alexandre.leroux at ec.gc.ca - thank you

Thank you for any feedback!

Alex :)
--
Alexandre Leroux, M.Sc., Ing.
Environnement Canada / Environment Canada
alexandre.leroux at ec.gc.ca