[OpenLayers-Users] Styling a point that is made up of multiple points

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Thu Jul 30 10:38:08 EDT 2009

Hi Dave,

  What kind of wms server are you using.  MapServer ?  GeoServer ?  Your
question seems more related to one of theses project since you seem to
be using a WMS layer.

  One the other hand, if you used a Vector layer instead with a Cluster
strategy, you could replicate what you need with OpenLayers.  The use of
Vector features can slow down your application if you have a lot of
them, though.  See the OpenLayers example (1) for more.

Regards,

Alexandre

(1) http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/strategy-cluster.html

Dave Winfield wrote:
> Essentially, on my maps, there are multiple things happening at the
> same exact location.  Unfortunately right I can't tell that by looking
> at it (there's only one dot being shown) and I can only tell there's
> more than one thing happening when I click on it and do the
> getFeatureInfo request.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to give a visual cue to the users?  Off the
> top of my head I'm thinking either put a number next to it, or just
> change the color using the sld?

Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears
www.mapgears.com