[OpenLayers-Users] difference between OpenLayers.Layer.WMS and OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer?

Guillaume Sueur no-reply at neogeo-online.net
Fri Mar 13 04:04:58 EDT 2009

Hi,

If you use WMS layer, don't forget to fill up the mandatory attributes
for it in your mapfile.

Regardless of what is in your mapfile, your OpenLayers map lacks of
several settings, like resolutions, projection, maxExtent... Have a look
at the rich collection of example to make it up :
http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/example-list.html

Regards,

Guillaume