[OpenLayers-Users] Cluster Strategy WKT Vectors - not clustering

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Mar 16 10:27:01 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 01:11:14PM +0100, Andreas Hocevar wrote:

> You shouldn't do this manually. Add a HTTP Protocol with a WKT Format
> to your layer. See
> http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/behavior-fixed-http-gml.html
> for a similar use case. You just have to replace the Fixed strategy
> with your Cluster strategy and the GML format with a WKT format.

The WKT format returns a single feature, rather than a list of features,
from read(), so it can not be used with a protocol, I believe.

Even if it could, the code you are responding to pulled indidvidual
chunks of WKT out of a larger XML doc,  something teh WKT parser
definitely can't do. (Though writing a custom parser in this case might
make sense.)

> Regards,
> Andreas.
>

> --