[OpenLayers-Users] OSM

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Tue May 5 10:13:45 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I'm looking for documentation pointers that explain the differences
between OSM Maphik and Tiles at Home.  Specifically, I need to enable an
OSM basemap on an OL 2.6 (in production) and looking at the source of
the examples, I foud three different ways to have an OSM base map :

1) sundials-spherical-mercator.html :

var mapnik = new OpenLayers.Layer.TMS(
                "OpenStreetMap (Mapnik)",
                "http://tile.openstreetmap.org/",
                {
                    type: 'png', getURL: osm_getTileURL,

2-3) spherical-mercator.html :

var mapnik = new OpenLayers.Layer.OSM();
var osmarender = new OpenLayers.Layer.OSM(
                "OpenStreetMap (Tiles at Home)",
                "http://tah.openstreetmap.org/Tiles/tile/${z}/${x}/${y}.png"
            );

I see there are two implementations for Tiles at Home, so is there a recommended one ?

Thanx for pointers,

yvesm