[OpenLayers-Users] SingleTile TMS Layer - Suggestion

RFeagin ryan.feagin at PEACHTREEGEOGRAPHICS.COM
Thu May 14 20:23:21 EDT 2009

I have been playing around a little bit with the singleTile option and have a
suggestion for a change.  Unfortuanatly I haven't had the time to dig into
the code to try making the change or to see how much work it would take.
But I thought that maybe someone else has already done this or that there
might be a reason why no one has.

I think it would be better if the bounds used for a singleTile layer were
the bounds of the loaded tiles in the base layer instead of only the visible
part of the map.  This way panning a few pixels one way or another wouldn't
need to refresh the layer and more importantly, we can take more advantage
of browser caching.

If someone has already done this, please respond with a link to a patch or
sample of the code changes. And if this can't be done for some reason or if
it is a much bigger can of worms than it seems to be, I'd appreciate being
told that too.

Thanks