[OpenLayers-Users] Are String objects limited to 4096 characters?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue May 19 14:58:53 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to parse some WKT out of an XML document in an OpenLayers
application and one of my WKT text nodes is getting truncated at 4096
character! The XML document is good, but when I extract the text from
the XML node it is getting truncated.

It seems to work in IE 6.0.2800 and Opera 9.64, but not FF 3.0.10.

So is looks like FF breaks the text into an array of strings where each
is 4096 characters or less. Can I pass this array to the WKT parser read
function? Or can I concat the items into a string?

var parser = new OpenLayers.Format.WKT();
var edges = xmldoc.getElementsByTagNameNS('*', 'edge');
var wkt = edges[0].getElementsByTagNameNS('*', 'wkt');
var g = parser.read(wkt);

Thanks,
   -Steve