[OpenLayers-Users] Placing marker on map

Ramadoss ramadossc at yahoo.com
Thu May 21 18:32:24 EDT 2009

I got stuck with this problem for past 2 days & trying to figure it out myself....but nothing seems to be working as expected.
there are couple of things that I tried myself
1. on every onClick event I try to redraw the map so that the marker put place where user clicked on the map after the small pop-window containing map was dragged to difference location - the screen does refreshes as the result of redrawing layer but the icon(marker) still does not know that map has got refreshed and trying to place the icon(marker) on the original location of the map. so no help on this.
2. On the other hand - when I tried to add the component(map) to AjaxRequestTarget after addOverlay(marker), the icon(marker) is getting placed where I clicked on map even after dragged the window which is was what I have been trying to accomplish but the problem with this approach is that even after I zoomed in/out on the map it goes back to original size and trying to place the icon on the original location of the map. so no help on this approach as well :-(
any other option that I can try of ? or any other approaches to handle this? would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks much!~R