[OpenLayers-Users] proxy.cgi and OS X Server (solved the hard way)

Asle Benoni asle.benoni at gmail.com
Fri May 22 04:56:27 EDT 2009

Hello,
Just want to share my experience with OpenLayers proxy.cgi on OS X Server.
It seems no one on this list is using OS X Server. If you search on the list
you will see my frustrations with problems related to proxy.cgi. I tested
this on OS X 10.5 client and it seemed to work fine while with OS X 10.5
Server it was not possible. So I reinstalled the server and downgraded from
OS X Server to OS X client. Everything works fine now! So the quick answer
is to forget trying to get it to work on OS X Server. On OS X 10.5 client it
works just fine. I will not go back to OS X Server to try to solve it since
I have used far too much time on this issue. Tomcat and MapServer was easy
to get up running also.

/asle