[OpenLayers-Users] IE6 GIF transparency issue

Robert Sanson SansonR at asurequality.com
Mon May 25 22:22:52 EDT 2009

Hi Peter

Try opacity setting as per below.

Cheers,

Robert

>>> Peter Dawn <petedawn at gmail.com> 26/05/2009 1:03 p.m. >>>
hi everyone,

am trying to implement a geoserver/open layer solution.

now i need to use IE6, hence my image format needs to be GIF (as you
know PNG is not supported by IE6).

so my question is how can i achieve layer transparency with IE6 and
GIF format. i have tried

untiled = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
                    "Locality", "http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms",
                    {
                        height: '600',
                        width: '600',
                        layers: 'my_layer',
                        styles: '',
                        transparent: 'TRUE',
                        format: format,
                        tiled: 'true',
                    },
{singleTile: true, isBaseLayer: false, opacity: 0.5, maxResolution: 500000, visibility: false} );

but am still not able to achieve transparency. if i use PNG and use
firefox it works. but i need to use IE6 and hence GIF.

any help.

thanks.
pete.

The contents of this email are confidential to AsureQuality. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments. The opinions expressed in this email are not necessarily those of AsureQuality. This message has been scanned for known viruses before delivery. AsureQuality supports the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. If you do not wish to receive similar communications in future, please notify the sender of this message.