[OpenLayers-Users] IE6 GIF transparency issue

Linde Ackermans roselinda.ackermans at ec.europa.eu
Tue May 26 05:43:41 EDT 2009

Pete,

I managed to do this in 2 different ways :

1. Use the alpha hack on .png

	var boundaries = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("Layer1",
            "http://your-url",
            { layers: "0,1,2"
              ,transparent: "true"
              ,srs: "EPSG:3035"
	    },
	    {'buffer':0, 'format':"image/png", 'isBaseLayer':false,
'transparent':true},
            {'alpha':true}
	);

2. Specify "image/gif" as the format    ( but I think you specify your
format in the wrong place !! )

	var boundaries = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("Layer1",
            "http://your-url",
            { layers: "0,1,2"
              ,transparent: "true"
              ,srs: "EPSG:3035"
	    },
	    {'buffer':0, 'format':"image/gif", 'isBaseLayer':false,
'transparent':true}
 	);

Both work in Firefox, IE6 and IE7