[OpenLayers-Users] Question to OpenLayers and printing

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Wed May 27 10:53:03 EDT 2009

Hi,

Kai Behncke wrote:
>> I'm not aware of any existing printing tool that can use Google Maps
>> data n the printout in a way that is allowed unde rthe Google Maps terms
>> of service. (You're not allowed to download the tiles directly, and
>> the alternative export service is somewhat limited.)
>>

> I found that application:
>
> http://www.kkgeo.ch/go/
>
> I wonder how they realize the print-out.
>
> Best regards, Kai

One of the common problems with printing is that not all printers
support transparency of div elements.  That example only uses a
OpenLayers map that stack layers with transparency.

What our WMS print does is return one image by a server-side script to
resolve that issue.  But like Christopher said, you can't have a google
layer rendered that way.

Regards,

Alexandre

--