[OpenLayers-Users] GeoServer Proxy Extension OpenLayers

stash steffen.schwarz85 at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 13 07:38:52 EST 2009

Hello,

I want to show some data with a wfs in openlayers. I already know, that i
have to configure a proxy that I can do this. With geoserver you have the
opportunity to install a plugin called ProxyExtension, to do exactly this.

http://geoserver.org/display/GEOS/GeoServer+Proxy+Extension

I installed the plugin and the example with the redirect to google works
(http://[your_geoserver_domain]/geoserver/rest/proxy?url=http://www.google.com)
--> the proxy is installed correctly.

But now there are the next problems.

1. What for a hostname do i have to configure (Do i have to enter the ip of
my pc, or the ip of the geoserver pc, ...?)

2. Do I have to set up a Openlayers.proxyhost in my program. How would this
look like in my case?

I hope someone can help me with this problem. I already tried so many
different things, but nothing worked. (Either I get no response text in
firebug or I get a bad request)

Thanks for your answers.

Regards
stash