[OpenLayers-Users] GeoServer Proxy Extension OpenLayers

Roald de Wit roald.dewit at lisasoft.com
Fri Nov 13 16:52:05 EST 2009

Hi stash,

I could be mistaken, but the GS ProxyExtension is not going to help you
if you don't serve your OL web app from the same domain (localhost:8080
in your case, IIRC). Can you give a bit more information on what your
setup looks like? Do you use Apache for example or another web server?
Does GS run by itself or in Tomcat for example?

Have you ever tried downloading an OL 2.8 zip file, extracting it
somewhere in your document root in Apache (for example) and run the OL
examples, WFS ones in particular? Because if those work, the proxy.cgi
in the examples dir works. You can then add 'localhost:8080' to
allowedHosts (in proxy.cgi) and try your app from that directory. Once
that works, you can move your app somewhere else and put proxy.cgi in a
better place and get it to work.

Regards, Roald