[OpenLayers-Users] GeoServer Proxy Extension OpenLayers

stash steffen.schwarz85 at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 16 04:49:24 EST 2009

Roald de Wit-2 wrote:

> Hi stash,
>
> I could be mistaken, but the GS ProxyExtension is not going to help you
> if you don't serve your OL web app from the same domain (localhost:8080
> in your case, IIRC). Can you give a bit more information on what your
> setup looks like? Do you use Apache for example or another web server?
> Does GS run by itself or in Tomcat for example?
>
> Have you ever tried downloading an OL 2.8 zip file, extracting it
> somewhere in your document root in Apache (for example) and run the OL
> examples, WFS ones in particular? Because if those work, the proxy.cgi
> in the examples dir works. You can then add 'localhost:8080' to
> allowedHosts (in proxy.cgi) and try your app from that directory. Once
> that works, you can move your app somewhere else and put proxy.cgi in a
> better place and get it to work.
>
> Regards, Roald

Hello,
thanks for your answer. I have installed GS version 2.0 itself (without
tomcat or something else). I copied the OpenLayers folder (with examples...)
into my geoserver home_directory and started the examples. but the wfs
didn't work.

Because nothing worked, I installed geoserver on the same pc as my
application is running (for testing). But the dissappointing fact is, that
the wfs isn't running too, even when app and geoserver is on the same pc. Or
does this matter, where geoserver is running, when the layer in geoserver
gets his data from a database (oracle) which is on an other pc. (because
that is the fact in my case).

Regards
stash