[OpenLayers-Users] wrapDateLine with WMS, map covered by opaque film

Sige sigenz at yahoo.co.nz
Mon Nov 16 21:37:26 EST 2009

Hi List,

I am trying to make my wms (tilecached) map wrapped across the date line,
like:

 var  map = new OpenLayers.Map( $('map'),
                            {
                         maxResolution: 0.3515625,
                         projection: 'EPSG:4326'
                            }
             );
           var wms = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
                  "WMS/Tilecache",
                   "http://maps.geonet.org.nz/tilecache/tilecache.py?",
                      {
                                        format: 'image/png',
                                        projection: 'EPSG:4326',
                                        units: 'degrees',
                                        maxResolution: 0.3515625,
                                        layers: 'nasagm',
                                        isBaseLayer: true,
                                        reproject: false,
                                        buffer: 1
                                       },
                   {wrapDateLine: true, reproject: false}
                   );
                  map.addLayer(wms);
            map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.MousePosition());
            map.zoomToMaxExtent();

The map wrapped well, however, when I pan and zoom the map around, part of
the map or the whole map becomes opaque (like covered by a white film). I am
not sure if this is caused by my wms (tilecache) or wrapDateLine. The WMS
map works fine without wrapDateLine.

I have also tried the WMS from metacarta.com (mapServer) which works fine:
       var wms1 = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "OpenLayers Basic",//MapServer
                        "http://labs.metacarta.com/wms/vmap0",
                        {layers: 'basic'},
                        {wrapDateLine: true} );
                      map.addLayers([ wms1]);